Top 5: Sustainable Venues located in The Hague
Many partners of The Hague Convention Bureau are actively improving their processes in order to live up to a more sustainable approach in the business event industry. As a result, many venues in The Hague currently hold the Green Key Label of Excellence certificate. Find out which 5 venues in The Hague live up to the top sustainability standards!Sustainability in The Hague
Since mid-2021, Amare is the new theater and congress center of the Netherlands. With two large theater halls and a more intimate hall, Amare offers plenty of space for congresses and events for up to 2700 visitors. Together with 4 different foyers, 7 meeting rooms and the Nieuwe Kerk opposite, there is a range of possibilities for any business event. Surrounded by the City Hall and the ministries, it is also an ideal location for government-related conferences.
Amare may call itself the most sustainable performing arts complex in the Netherlands, as the building was built according to the latest sustainability insights:
- 4000 m2 of solar panels
- Toilets flushed with rainwater
- Temperature regulation through use of the soil as a source of heat and cold
- 50 nesting boxes for various species of birds incorporated into the facade
- 28 built-in bat houses
The Louwman Museum, which houses the world’s oldest private collection of automobiles, was awarded ‘Best Event Location of 2017’ at the Meeting Business Event (MBE) in The Netherlands. Besides, the venue focuses on creating an optimal sustainable experience for its visitors.
- The venue uses a Heat Cold Storage (WKO) installation, using geothermal energy for heating and cooling
- Its building management system regulates heating, cooling and air conditioning individually in each room for maximum efficiency
- All the energy is generated by over 1,000 rooftop solar panels.
- The venue works with many partners that are also committed to corporate sustainability and use high-quality, environmentally friendly products.
For generations, the Museon Omniversum (One Planet) has united culture, nature and science. The venue understands that delegates and event planners of today wish to have their event at an inspiring, safe location, with a sustainable approach. Museon's management and staff are committed to a responsible, sustainable and environmentally friendly approach in a variety of ways. Such as:
- A separate waste collection;
- Energy and water management;
- Having one of the largest solar panels in The Hague;
- Having a green sedum roof on top of the building.
In this way, Museon Omniversium (One Planet) contributes to reducing the CO2 emission of The Hague. Besides, they are a partner of the United Nations and their central exhibit "One Planet" is based on the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals of the UN that stand for a better, safer and more just world.
World Forum The Hague
World Forum is a full-service international convention centre in The Hague with the biggest meeting space capacity for around 2,160 people and 36 breakout rooms. Together they can accommodate a total of 5,000 people. Besides, the venue is keen on offering their visitors a sustainable experience.
- The venue holds the Golden Green Key label and is a member of the United Nations Global Compact, which is a non-binding United Nations pact to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies and to report on their implementation.
- 100% of its energy is renewable and new air-conditioning systems, the frequency-related pumps and installation of LED lights has made its energy consumption drop.
- Since 2020, they own a number of Dunea water taps. With these taps, visitors of the venue will be able to tap free and unlimited tap water. The taps ensure that the venue no longer sells (flat) bottled water. In this way, they are contributing to reducing plastic waste.
- They have recently opened a green roof, resulting in many benefits for the environment.
The Fokker Terminal is a one-of-a-kind venue that was founded ten years ago as an event location. The Fokker Terminal has become popular for large-scale conferences and (business) events and won several awards including the Best Conference Location in the West-Holland region and the Best Conference Venue in the Netherlands in 2018. By actively investing resources in sustainability and minimising the environmental impact of its visitors and suppliers, the team of Fokker Terminal is constantly working on improving its facilities and services.
- The FT is a CO2-neutral and water-neutral venue;
- The FT uses 600 rooftop panels generating 160,000 kWh of electricity annually;
- The FT uses water-saving toilets, recycled event carpet, LED lighting, 100% biodegradable disposables and locally-sourced food from sustainable suppliers only.
Your sustainable event in The Hague?
The Hague is an excellent location to host your sustainable event. Curious for more information about sustainability in The Hague? Check out the following link!